The Leamington Rotary Club was chartered on March 12, 1936.
When the club began, its original project focused on the development of small parks in the community.
From 1943 to 1950, the Leamington Rotary Club operated the Hopewell Hospital on Russell Street, until the opening of the newly constructed Leamington District Memorial Hospital in 1950.
Seventy-seven years later, the club has continued its support of local groups and projects, including the Leamington Hospital Foundation, as well as local youth sports’ activities, student bursaries at the three local high schools, youth exchange program, equipment for the Leamington Fire Department and the Salvation Army Emergency Response Team and the purchase of a walk-in freezer at the Ministerial Association’s Food Bank.
Internationally, the club is involved with water projects in Honduras, support for communities in Nicaragua and Rotary International’s Campaign for the eradication of polio.
The Leamington Rotary Club is one of 33,000 Rotary Clubs around the world and currently has 22 members. Rotary International has a membership of 1.2 million men and women.