It’s no surprise lately when you receive notifications about cancellations and we’re no exception. This is the week that we were going to have our annual golf tournament. it has been postponed until September 9th, for now.
Our Business Excellence Awards is scheduled for September 30th…..we will be having a meeting to discuss how we are going to continue this special night so we can recognize and honour the many deserving businesses in our communities. It may look different, but we will proceed!
Like many, the Leamington District Chamber of Commerce has had to cancel or postpone all scheduled events until a later day. Your chamber runs on 100% of dues, sponsorships, and events to help serve members and our communities. By supporting and serving our members, we can be your voice locally, provincially and federally. We continue to advocate for you, and so we always want to hear about what’s affecting your business.
Chamber membership is one of the strongest investments you can make in your future and it is also one of the least expensive with the best reputation and return on investment. The Chamber does many things that you may not have realized that could benefit your business. These activities may not actually be secret, but they can be the secret behind your success.
Few businesses have enough of a budget to warrant a personal lobbyist to speak on their behalf at the provincial and federal level, but it’s your concerns that need the representation. We’ve been in communication with government, agencies and larger chamber agencies on a daily basis.
If you feel the province or the country is not hearing you or your concerns, please let us know. We’d love to discuss your issues and find ways to get the word out to our Federal and Provincial governments.
Please keep us in mind … join a Community Conversation, attend one of our zoom socials or send us your new business model so we can share it! We are here, working hard for you. Our events will return (even if they are a little different) and we want to maintain our connection with you!
Remember – Be Seen, Be Heard, Belong!
LDCC General Manager
Stay up-to-date on the rapidly evolving situation, and on the nature of the virus itself, by frequently checking municipal, provincial, and national websites.
- Website: Municipality of Leamington
- Website: Windsor Essex County Health Unit
- Website: Government of Ontario: COVID-19 information for Ontarians
- Website: Government of Ontario: MULTILINGUAL Fact Sheets about COVID-19
- Website: Government of Canada Business Support
- Website: Centre for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention: COVID-19 Resources
- Website: World Health Organization (WHO): COVID-19 Updates
- Website: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Resources for Canadian businesses
COVID-19 Government Announced Support – May 11 2020
For all older updates, please click here.
- Page 11 Bullet 2–Provincial Government Support for Businesses– NEW – May 9th – Ontario Government Supporting Parents as Economy Reopens – Protecting licensed child care
- Page 12 Bullet 3–Provincial Government Support for Businesses– NEW – May 8th –Ontario and Canada Take Additional Steps to Protect Agri-Food Workers During COVID-19 – Provincially licensed meat processing plants – Application opens May 12th
- Page 32 Bullet 30–Provincial Government Support for Individuals– NEW UPDATE (RESCHEDULING CEREMONIES) – May 11th (Update) – School Closures Extended to Keep Students, Staff and Families Safe – Currently Active
- Page 33 Bullet 31–Provincial Government Support for Individuals– NEW UPDATE – May 9th – Ontario Opening Provincial Parks and Conservation Reserves
- Page 34 Bullet 32–Provincial Government Support for Individuals– NEW – May 9th – Ontario Enables School Board Employees to Be Voluntarily Redeployed to Congregate Care Settings
- Page 69 Bullet 88–Federal Government Support for Businesses– NEW – May 11th – Large Employer Emergency Financing Facility (LEEFF) – More details to be released in near future
- Page 70 Bullet 89–Federal Government Support for Businesses– NEW DETAILS (EXPANDED TO INCLUDE MID-MARKET BUSINESSES – Loans of up to $60 million per company) – May 11th (Update) – Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) Enterprise Loan – Currently Active – More details regarding mid-market businesses to be released in near future
For all older updates, please click here.
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
The BCAP will allow the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) and Export Development Canada (EDC) to provide more than $10 billion of additional support, largest targeted to small- and medium-sized businesses (as defined by 499 employees or less).
- Working capital loans of up to $2 million with flexible terms and payment postponements for up to 6 months for qualifying businesses
- Postponement of payments for up to six months, free of charge, for existing BDC clients with total BDC loan commitment of $1 million or less
- Reduced rates on new eligible loans.
- HOW TO APPLY:
- Mortgage Payment Deferrals
The six largest banking institutions in Canada have made a commitment to work with personal and business banking customers on a case-by-case basis to provide flexible solutions to help them manage through various challenges.
This support will include up to a six-month payment deferral for mortgages, and the opportunity for relief on other credit products.
- HOW TO APPLY:
This will be done on a first come, first serve basis and requires a direct call to your bank.
Here are the helplines for each institution:
BMO: 1- 877-788-1923
- Libro Credit Union:1 (800) 361-8222
- Kindred Credit Union: 1 (833) 909-0014
- RBC: 1-800-769-2511
- WFCU Credit Union: 1-866-500-9328
National Bank of Canada: 1‑844‑394‑4494
- Purchase Order Financing
This BDC program will help cover up to 90 percent of the purchase order amount to ease cash flow to your suppliers.
- HOW TO APPLY:
- Federal Press Releases
Prime Minister outlines Canada’s COVID-19 response
Economic Development Corporation
Employment Insurance (New dedicated COVID-19 number: 1-833-381-2725)
- Business Development Canada:
Support for Entrepreneurs impacted by coronavirus
Business continuity plan and templates for entrepreneurs
- Department of Finance Canada:
Canada outlines measures to support the economy and the financial sector
- Global Affairs Canada
Trade Commissioner Service Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Resources for Canadian businessesResources Enterprises
- Regional Development Agencies
RDAs are helping to address economic challenges brought on by COVID-19
Public Health Ontario
Canada Public Health
Social distancing, handwashing and cleaning / ventilation
Increasing cleaning procedures (Ontario)
Government of Canada takes action on COVID-19
Novus Health Webinar: Building Resilience to COVID-19 (English)
Novus Health Webinar: Renforce votre résilience face à la COVID-19 (Français)
Latest Government of Canada Travel Advice
Destination Canada – COVID-19 Updates
- Employment and Social Development Canada
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Other organizations
Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters
The Conference Board of Canada
Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses— CFIB is opening their Business Helpline to non-CFIB members. For advice managing #coronavirus in the workplace, business owners can call 1-888-234-2232.
Windsor Essex Economic Development Corporation Small Business – COVID-19 BUSINESS IMPACT SURVEY