NOTE: The Leamington District Chamber of Commerce is still involved in the distribution of the Rapid Screening Program to our local small and medium-sized employers; however there remains a serious supply chain issue with all chambers not receiving stock. At this time we have been sent a limited supply and will be getting the tests out to businesses so they will have a 2 week supply.
Keep your employees and our community safe with FREE Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening kits!
- FREE for all businesses in Leamington with less than 150 employees! For businesses over 150 employees, please order using the Government of Ontario portal here.
- Pick up kits (by appointment only) at the Leamington Chamber of Commerce Office
- Asymptomatic employees test themselves twice per week
- Get results in 15 minutes!
- Those who test positive or inconclusive must go for a lab-based PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test
Why do this?
The latest information from Health Canada suggests that up to 1/3 of people carrying the virus are asymptomatic! Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread and get to a more normalized community life.
A Covid-19 rapid screening test can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace!) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Frequent testing increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the “Screening Supervisor” responsible for the program
- They sign up for this free program on the Leamington District Chamber of Commerce website, complete the Program Agreement form, and book a 15 minute appointment for their Screening Supervisor to come to the Leamington Chamber of Commerce Office to receive training and pick up a two week supply of kits
- Employees administer the test themselves, with a gentle nasal swab, under the guidance of their Screening Supervisor
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible
- The Screening Supervisor reports the total number of tests completed, number of positive tests, number of negative tests, etc on the Leamington Chamber website
- Employees are generally tested twice per week
- Reorder your kits on our website as needed